When I was the ripe old age of 18 I asked my doctor if I should start using anti-aging creams/serums in my nighttime skin care ritual. After gasping, and somewhat laughing at me, she told me I was WAY too young to start using anti-aging products. Although I didn’t start incorporating anti-aging products until much later, it was always on my radar because I believed it was never too early to start defying the odds of gravity!
I have never had any injectables even though the “11’s” in between my eye brows scream at me to get injected with Botox. I am not claiming I will NEVER get injected with something and I certainly don’t think there is anything wrong with it but, as of right now, I’m pushing back. I am trying to age gracefully with the use of my anti-aging products, which are mostly by the skincare brand, Skinceuticals. This is my favorite skincare line of all time and, in my opinion, is the most efficacious when it comes to prevention and correction. My inimitable aesthetician, Sue Mottola, got me hooked on several of these products ages ago and I can’t wait to share them with you. I literally smear them on from hair line to chest line, without fail, in both my morning and evening skin care routine. Ok. Here it goes …
- C.E. Ferulic – the single MOST important of all of the products! If you only start with one product, I suggest getting this one. It has won beauty awards an impressive 24 times and is constantly featured in magazines. It is a vitamin C serum that improves appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and loss of firmness. It also brightens your skin’s complexion! Apply it in the a.m.
- Retinol (not pictured) – another important product in my skincare regimen. This helps to diminish appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, skin discoloration and uneven skin tone. It may cause irritation and peeling of the skin but it will make your skin so glow-y and bright.
- A.G.E Eye Complex – Do you want to fight crow’s feet, dark circles and puffiness? Then you need this gem of an eye cream. Love it!
- Triple Lipid Restore – A-mazing moisturizer! It took me a long time to find a moisturizer that I loved but when I tried this, it was like butter on my skin. It helps promote your skins natural self repair while smoothing skin, reducing pore size and improving overall radiance of your skin.
5. You should all know by now that sunscreen is vital to our skin health. This tinted sunscreen has 100% mineral filters providing UVA/UVB broad spectrum protection. I bring it with me everywhere, including the beach and put it on 365 days a year. I also use the eye defense sunscreen, which doesn’t migrate or burn your eyes. I use both of these products on our two sons (and my husband) all summer long because it is the first sunscreen that didn’t burn and itch their sensitive skin and eyes.
6. Last but not least, regular facials are a must! I try to go every 6-8 weeks but I go more often when I’m having difficulty with my skin. Fortunately, I discovered my aesthetician, Sue Mottola from Wildflower Day Spa in Devon, PA, and have never looked back. She is a retired lawyer, she is smart as a whip and I’ve never ever ever ever had a facial as good as this. Her facials last an astounding 2.5 hours (#truth) and she includes microdermabrasion as part of every facial. Talk about getting your skin smooth and radiant! If you’re local and can schedule an appointment with her, I would highly recommend doing so. Meet Sue below …
As you can see here in this photo, my biggest problem is hyper-pigmentation. I have little dark spots on my cheeks and forehead, which intensify in the summer months when my skin is exposed to the sun. Even with sunscreen and a hat, remember that the sun will find you. Sue has helped lighten these spots tremendously and the Skinceuticals products have worked wonders. The only problem with hyper-pigmentation is that new spots keep surfacing and any damage that is deeply rooted will keep making it’s way to the surface of my skin. All those years I spent baking in the sun wearing no sunscreen have finally caught up to me! With the use of my products and regular facials with Sue, we are fighting against these pesky dark spots and lightening them one day at a time.
Photos by: Lindsey Clark Photography (@takeitoutside)
To buy products or to make an appointment with Sue : 610.341.9444 or 484.354.4072
Online shopping links: